V2.0 from 1/29/2024
P-MATCH (NIGERIA) LIMITED (hereinafter referred to as “we”, “our”, “us” or the “Company”) is a Nigerian company, with RC Number 1759226, and registered address at 3, LOBITO CRESCENT, WUSE II, ABUJA, FCT, NIGERIA, operating from the website www.parimatch.ng (hereinafter referred to as the “Website”). The Company is committed to providing online betting services, and all the activities are licensed and regulated by the National Lottery Regulatory Commission under permit to operate sports betting No. 0001045 issued on 31st August 2021.
The Company is committed to protecting your privacy and handling your data in an open and transparent manner and in accordance with the European Regulation 2016/679 and the relevant data protection legislation which is applicable in Nigeria. The personal data that we collect and process depends on the product or service requested and agreed in each case.
Effective as of May 13, 2022, P-MATCH (NIGERIA) LIMITED have updated the Policy.
2. What we need
In connection with the service we provide, we collect personal and financial information from you while you use our Services and the website. Most of this collection occurs during registration (on- boarding) – for individuals or cooperatives under our different products and services. This personal and financial information are necessary when on-boarding or accessing our products and services on our websites, in order to enable registered users to log in to the site, as well as guard against potential fraud and money laundering.
These basic Subscriber’s personal data (referred to as “Your Information”) are any information about you from which you can be personally identified, such as:
- Your name(s)
- Your contact details (such as mobile/telephone numbers, Email, and addresses)
- Your date of birth
- Your gender
- Next of Kin details
- Your home address
- Your Bank Account Information (including, your BVN number, Account number)
Your information is not only collected when you register to open an account with P-MATCH (NIGERIA) LIMITED; or when you submit a written query to P-MATCH (NIGERIA) LIMITED, but also during your account verification process and during your betting activity. Your information will be processed by P-MATCH (NIGERIA) LIMITED (which includes its agents and employees), and (where appropriate) our partners and subcontractors in order to be able to provide the full range of Services to you.
However, whenever you visit our website, our web servers may automatically collect non- personal information such as the domain name of the Internet access provider, the Internet protocol address used to connect the computer to the Internet, the average time spent on our Website, pages viewed, information searched for, access times, and other relevant statistics.
3. Whether you have an obligation to provide us with your personal data
In order that we may be in a position to proceed with a business relationship with you, you must provide your personal data to us which are necessary for the required commencement and execution of a business relationship. We are furthermore obligated to collect such personal data given the applicable anti-money laundering laws and policies which require that we verify your identity before we enter into a business relationship with you or the legal entity for which you are the authorized representative/agent or beneficial owner. You must, therefore, provide us at least with your government-issued identity card/passport, your full name, place of birth (city and country), and your residential address so that we may comply with our statutory obligations as mentioned above.
Kindly note that if you do not provide us with the required data, then we will not be allowed to commence or continue our business relationship either to you as an individual or as the authorized representative/agent or beneficial owner of a legal entity.
4. Why we need it
We need your personal data for the following purposes and in order to provide you with the following services:
- Provide Customer Service - collection of Authentication data: Subscriber’s account number/ email/ phone/ password/ address/ Betting history/ data for the purposes of verifying the source of wealth to validate the customer’s transaction details. Account financial history, Payment details for the purpose of usage of all of the features of the Services, provision of the following activities on website and mobile applications: Bet placement, playing games, viewing Bet history, Financial account history (account replenishments and withdrawals), Ordering account replenishments and withdrawals, Account settings, Account security settings.
- Provide Customer Support Service - collection of Subscriber’s Personal data (documents, name, birth data, telephone, email address, country, IP addresses, any other data for the purposes of verifying the source of wealth to validate the customer’s transactions, saved phone calls and text live chats) for the purpose of providing Customer support services, Financial Accounting, Email database, Phone database, Customer satisfaction reporting to track and improve customer representative performance.
- Advertising or Promotion - a collection of e-mail address, phone number, photos, videos and the Subscriber’s name for advertising and sending future events, offers and promotions from P-MATCH.
- Provide compliance with relevant legislation and regulations - a collection of client’s Personal data (IP addresses, sport and any other data for purposes of verifying the source of wealth to verify customer transactions) for the purpose of live monitoring of anti-fraud activities.
- Provide security monitoring for possible anti-fraud and illegal activities - a collection of client’s Personal data (IP addresses, sport transactions, Browser identification) for the purpose of monitoring of Players’ activities.
- AML and KYC – a collection of payment details, identification documents like photo IDs, bank accounts, credit card information, residential address, utility bills, and any other data for the purposes of verifying the source of wealth to validate the customer’s transactions etc. for the purpose of prevention fraud, suspicious, unlawful transactions.
- Website Analytics - usage of Clickstream: collection of information about users visiting our website and mobile applications, IP addresses, what pages do they visit, the time of visit, what sites were used before visiting our resources, type of browser and operating system for the purpose of improving our website and mobile applications.
We do not use automated decision-making policies, including profiling.
5. Who receives your personal data for processing?
5.1 Data Processors List
Your personal data is processed in:
Pari-Tech (CY) Limited, located in Cyprus, 22 Larnakos, 4th Floor, Office 401A, Aglantzia, 2101 Nicosia. DPO contacts: email@example.com.
CALL POWER (T) LIMITED, located in Dar Es Salaam, District Kinondoni, Ward Kijitonyama, Postal code 14113, Street Victoria Area, Road Ali Hassani Mwinyi Road, Plot
number 89, Block number 45 "D", House number 14th Floor.
Storage of Personal Data.
NetShop Internet Services Ltd, located in Cyprus, 2A, Marathonos, 7060 Livadhia, DPO contacts: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Storage of Personal Data (Hosting provider).
Cloudflare Inc., located in US, 101 Townsend St., San Francisco, CA 94107. DPO contacts: email@example.com.
DDoS protection service provider.
Zendesk, located in the US, 1019 Market St., San Francisco, CA 94103. DPO contacts: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Storage of Personal Data (Customer Support portal).
NewRelic, located in US, 188 Spear St., Suite 1200, San Francisco, CA USA 94105. DPO contacts: email@example.com.
DataDome, located in France, 55, rue la Boétie 75008 Paris, Phone: + 33 186957138. Bot detection provider.
Lumen Technologies, located in the US, 100 CenturyLink Drive Monroe, LA 71203. DPO
Transfer of Personal Data (IP transit services provider).
C.C.D. COGENT COMMUNICATIONS DEUTSCHLAND GMBH, located in Germany, ATRICOM
BUILDING, Lyoner Strasse 15, 60528 Frankfurt/Main. DPO contacts: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transfer of Personal Data (IP transit services provider).
GTT Communications, located in the United States of America, DPO contact: GTT, 7900 Tysons One Place, Suite 1450, McLean, VA 22102.
Transfer of Personal Data (IP transit services provider).
ΤruNarrative LLC., located in the UK, The Gridiron Building, 1 Pancras Square, London, NC1 4AG. DPO contacts: email@example.com.
Google LLC., located in the US, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA
AWS Inc., 410 Terry Avenue North, Seattle, WA 98109-5210, USA.
5.2. Data Disclosure to the National Lottery Regulatory Commission [NLRC] of Nigeria and Law Enforcement Bodies
The Company undertakes the responsibility to disclose all available Personal Data to the NLRC, the Police, to all the relevant Anti-Money Laundering Authorities (MOKA SCUML), ΕUROPOL, ΙΝΤΕRPOL, FIU.NET), to relevant Sports Governing Bodies (e.g. FIFA, IOC, UEFA, CSO) and to any other law enforcement agencies in cases of investigation of money laundering, fraud and/or identifying match fixing. To assist such investigations, whenever they would be initiated, the Company will store the Personal Data, even if a Subscriber’s account was closed, for at least five
(5) years from the date of the last transaction of the Subscriber. Even if after the lapse of five (5) years, these Data will not be deleted unless prior approval is obtained from the NLRC . The Company will maintain the account of each registered player for a period of five (5) years from the date of the last transaction and will not destroy any of the account details unless the period of five (5) years shall expire and shall be subject to prior approval by the NLRC. We will never disclose or sell any personal information to any company outside of the list of our Data Processors and except to help prevent fraud and/or unlawful usage, or if required to do so by law.
6. Transfer of your personal data
Your personal information may be transferred to countries outside of the Nigeria or theEuropean Economic Area (EEA) where our service providers are located. We ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your personal data, such as using standard contractual clauses or ensuring that the recipient is located in a country with an adequate level of data protection.
7. How long we keep your personal information for
All Personal Data will be kept in a format that allows the Data Subjects to be identified for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the Personal Data are processed. Your personal data will be kept for a period of at least three (3) years from the date of your last transaction with the Company, and any of the account data may not be destroyed unless the period of three (3) years shall expire and shall be subject to prior approval by the NLRC.
Personal data may be stored for longer periods of time if processed solely for archiving purposes and for reasons of general interest, scientific or historical research or for statistical purposes or for the defense of any legal rights.
8. Your data protection rights
You have the following rights, in terms of your personal data we hold about you:
Receive access to your personal data. This enables you to e.g. receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
Request correction of the personal data we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected.
Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to erase your personal data [known as the ‘right to be forgotten’] where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
Object to processing of your personal data, where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. If you lodge an objection, we will no longer process your personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms.
Withdrawal of the consent that you gave us with regards to the processing of your personal data at any time. Note that any withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before it was withdrawn or revoked by you.
In the event that you wish to complain about how we handled your personal data, please contact P-MATCH (NIGERIA) LIMITED DPO by the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Valid Data Subjects Access Requests listed below will be responded up to 30 days:
- Know whether a data controller holds any personal data about them.
- Receive a description of the data held about them and, if permissible and practical, a copy of the data.
- Be informed of the purpose(s) for which that data is being processed, and from where it was received.
- Be informed whether the information is being disclosed to anyone apart from the original recipient of the data; and if so, the identity of those recipients.
- Be informed of the data storage period.
- If the data is being used to make automated decisions about the data subject, to be told what logic the system uses to make those decisions and to be able to request human intervention.
- According to NDPR we will provide a request to the data subject without undue delay and in any event within one month of receipt of the request. That period may be extended by two further months where necessary, taking into account the complexity and number of the requests.
- If any of the Personal Data we hold is incorrect or incomplete, you can request on legitimate grounds to have the information corrected, restricted or removed by writing to the DPO at P-MATCH (NIGERIA) LIMITED at the above address email@example.com.
- To exercise any of your rights, or if you have any other questions about our use of your personal data, please contact the DPO at P-MATCH (NIGERIA) LIMITED at the above address.
Right to lodge a complaint
If after complaining to the DPO you still feel that your Personal Data has not been handled appropriately, according to the law, you can lodge a complaint with the Nigeria Data Protection Commission regarding the Processing of your Personal Data by us or on our behalf:
Nigeria Data Protection Commission No. 5, Donau Crescent,
off Amazon Street, Maitama, Abuja, Nigeria
9. Changes to this privacy statement
We may modify or amend this privacy statement from time to time.
We will notify you appropriately when we make changes to this privacy statement and we will amend the revision date at the top of this page. We do however encourage you to review this statement periodically so as to be always informed about how we are processing and protecting your personal information.